Sunday, May 26, 2013

What They DON'T Tell You About Figure Competitions




Waiting for my competition suit was like torture.


You know its coming but until you see it, you are on edge. You get worried because if you need further alterations, you have to consider timing.



getting the suit back to the seller
waiting endlessly for it to come back to you.


It was 2-1/2 weeks out from the show and my suit hadn't come in yet.


Of course I stalked my email for tracking and confirmation but nothing showed up. One day I come back form school and there is a note on my door saying USPS tried to deliver, but no one was home and they needed a signature to release package.


Hey, at least I know its in the area, so I started feeling better. On the note, there was information on re-delivery. So naturally, I requested a delivery for the next business day. What happens that day?

NO SUIT IN SIGHT!


Okay, now I started to feel the rise of anxiety coming fast. So after calling the post office, waiting 38 minutes for an actual human being, I got the information as to where my package was. The next day, as if it wasn't bad enough, all I've been through to get this package, I go to the post office and they guy tells me he couldn't find it.


I swear I was 10 seconds away from totally freaking out. I asked him to double check, as politely as I could for someone thinking, "YOU BEST FIND MY DAMN PACKAGE GUY!".


Finally, a miracle happened and I see him walk to the counter with my package. For a second I thought it was glowing in his hands like a gold bar. Now this is two weeks out, and at this point it's a bit late to make alterations and get it back in time for the show. It's definitely possible, but it will be cutting it close and when you are in the midst of competition, you want to be as cool, calm, and collective as possible.

This is just one of the many things competitors need to get ready for when they are prepping for a show. Organize yourself in a timely fashion and you wont be feeling any stress until the day when you are waiting for the judges to hurry up and make a decision.





So you can finally stuff your face!
And by the way...
The Suit doesn't need any alterations ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment