Monday, October 29, 2012

It's KAH-TEE-REE-YAH


My name is Katirya Nieves and I am a college student in the New York City area. Besides my focus in school, I have a huge passion for fitness and health.  So much so, that I have dedicated my life to it. As a certified personal trainer, it is gratifying for me to be able to help those who want a little motivation and encouragement to improve their bodies, and improve their quality of life.

Quality of life is what fitness is about. My life changed completely when I was introduced to the fitness world. It gave me direction and focus, not only my workouts but in every aspect of my life. It’s easy for me to achieve the fitness goals I set for myself because this is my passion--my world. This isn’t the case for many people who have busy lives and work hard in whatever it is they love.

This to me is very evident in the lives of many college students. I have plenty of my fellow students asking me how to balance working out with school.  I also have many asking me how to be healthy on a student-sized budget. Let’s face it, most of us get that freshman 15, which can sometimes stretch into sophomore and junior year.  But it doesn't mean we want it there. 

My blog is dedicated to showing you the way.  I want to show you the way to a more fit and healthy lifestyle--even when you have 6:30 pm classes or semesters where you seem to be in school more than home. College life isn’t easy, but no one should neglect their body. I will help ease your stress with tips on how to eat healthy on a budget, workout under time constraints, and just live a better quality of life. Your body deserves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment